Monday, November 30, 2015

An Asshole Hates on Inspirational Quotes

Some dipshit girl from my high school just posted one of those annoying inspirational quotes on social media.  You know the one - “Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, Love as if you’ve never been hurt, live every day as if it were your last.”  And it made me realize how fucking stupid that quote is, and how fucking stupid she is for believing it enough to post it.   

I mean, I get the sentiment.  I comprehend what the quote is trying to say:  forget your insecurities and give it your all without fear of failure or judgement.  But I firmly believe the fear of failure and judgement is what helps make people do and be their best.  Most people are driven to success not through their own volition, but through the reward of praise and the pain of rejection.  

If I’m dancing and singing like no one is watching or listening, then who cares if I look ridiculous or hit a wrong note?  Who cares if I suck?  I can half ass that shit all day because there are no consequences.  As a performer, I choose to dance and sing like the the whole world is my audience and I need to SLAY THAT SHIT.  Look at me, world!  Hear my wail!  Check out what I have to offer!

And why in the fuck would I want to love like I’ve never been hurt before?  If I did that, I’d still be loving on the losers and assholes I fell for in high school.  Fuck that.  I HAVE been hurt before and now I know what to look out for.  Being hurt teaches you lessons on what is an is not acceptable behavior.  I now know to only give my love to those deserving of it.  My love is not unconditional, it is VERY FUCKING CONDITIONAL.  You need to treat me with respect.  You need to come at me with honesty, but also fairness and kindness.  You need to be a good person.  That’s what pain has taught me: to weed out the unworthy.  

And finally, ‘live each day as if it were your last…”  You wanna know what I’d do if it were my last day on earth?  Heroin.  I’d also fuck every tatted up rocker boy in a ten mile radius unprotected because Who Cares?  I’m dying tomorrow anyway.  No.  You need to live each day like there will be a tomorrow, and you want to make it better for yourself.  You need to live life like you create your own reality, because that shit is true.  You need to work your ass of to live the life you have imagined for yourself, or at least come as close as possible.  And yeah, sometimes shit happens, but it’s up to you to deal with that shit and do the best you can because no one else will do it for you.


In the meantime, keep your platitudes off my fucking feed, ya basic ass betches.  

1 comment:

  1. I normally don't reply or even really read blogs. I will say that the term LOVE can be properly used for this post. It's the same exact way I feel about seeing all that crap. I will say, I have posted inspirational things before, usually when life slaps ya in the dick. Seems to make you feel better for about 7 seconds.
    What you said at the end about living every day like there will be a tomorrow. Other wise, what's the point of living?

    Keep writing the good shit

    ReplyDelete